Thursday, 18 December 2014
Monday, 15 December 2014
Click on image to access clip.
Discuss the ways in which the extract constructs the representation of class & status using the following:
- Camera shots, angles, movement and composition
- Mise en scene
EAA: Explanation, analysis, argument-20 marks
EG: Use of example-20 marks
T: Terminology-10 marks
"Cross media convergence and synergy are vital processes in the successful marketing of media products to audiences." To what extent do you agree with this statement in relation to your media area?
Thursday, 11 December 2014
Monday, 8 December 2014
- Pick a film that conforms to Mark Kermode's four rules.
- Preferably a film that made lots of money.
- Apply the seven areas of the specification to your film.
- the issues raised by media ownership in contemporary media practice; (how does who owns a media company influence the type of film made and its potential success? For example do BIG companies make BIG films and therefore make all the money? Is it possible for small companies to succeed?)
- the importance of cross media convergence and synergy in production, distribution and marketing; (how do companies work together to produce, distribute and publicize a film? How can Disney use their size to promote and publicise a film? How can small companies work together to promote their business' when making and promoting a film?)
- the technologies that have been introduced in recent years at the levels of production, distribution, marketing and exchange; (how has the introduction of digital film, 3D, DVD, Blu-ray, internet streaming, downloadable content, home cinema influenced the types of films made, the way we watch them and the way we 'buy' them?)
- the significance of proliferation in hardware and content for institutions and audiences; (how and why have film companies had to alter the way they work now everyone has web enabled phones, PC's, tablets etc? How have audiences changed their viewing habits now we no longer need to go to the cinema to watch a film)
- the importance of technological convergence for institutions and audiences; (can you think of examples of how different technologies have come together to help the film industry?)
- the issues raised in the targeting of national and local audiences (specifically, British) by international or global institutions; (how do film companies try and attract their audience? Do they do different things in different countries?)
- the ways in which the candidates’ own experiences of media consumption illustrate wider patterns and trends of audience behaviour. (what is your opinion on the above? Do you see the developments as a good or bad thing?)
- Choose a suitable presentational format.
- Add trailers, images, clips (make it look interesting)
Present to the class - Wednesday 17th December (period 5)
- Joe L.-The Wolf of Wall Street
- Kaan-The Great Gatsby
- Charlotte-Harry Potter: The Deathly Hallows Part 2
- Erin-The Hunger Games
- Sam B.-Skyfall
- Sachin-Captain America: The Winter Soldier
- Sam L.-Django Unchained
- Sam W.-World War Z
- Joe F.-Shutter Island
- Josh-Fast & Furious 6
- Beth-Twilight: Breaking Dawn Part 2