Friday, 20 September 2013
Write about the representations of age in the clip you watched (up to the 'James Blunt' comment from Tony's dad).
At this stage focus on: music, mise en scene, characters (Tony,Effie, Mum, Dad) and camerawork (shots and angles).
Click on image to go to the Channel 4 OD page for episode one.
Wednesday, 18 September 2013
- Jess-X Men First Class (2011)
- Emily-Thor (2011)
- Abbie-Twilight: Breaking Dawn Part 2 (2012)
- Bryony-Knight And Day (2010)
- Chloe-Avengers Assemble (2012)
- Sophie-Skyfall (2012)
- Fraser-Oblivion (2013)
- Tarun-Man Of Steel (2013)
- Brad-Inception (2010)
- Bronte-The Dark Knight Rises (2012)
- Jake-Fast & Furious 6 (2013)
- Morgan-Harry Potter: The Deathly Hallows Part 2 (2012)
- Phoebe-Transformers: Dark Of The Moon (2012)
- Wednesday 18th September Period 2: research and prepare presentation
- Wednesday 18th September Period 5: research and prepare presentation (complete for homework)
- Friday 20th September Period 1: present to class
- Wednesday 25th September Period 3: present to class
Monday, 16 September 2013
- Zoe-Skyfall (2012)
- Adam-World War Z (2013)
- Lauren-Twilight: Breaking Dawn Part 2 (2012)
- Millie-Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides (2011)
- Oli-The Great Gatsby (2013)
- Amy-Harry Potter: The Deathly Hallows Part 2 (2011)
- Lauren-Star Trek: Into Darkness (2013)
- Sophie-Tron: Legacy (2010)
- Will-Inception (2010)
- Chloe-Transformers: Dark Of The Moon (2011)
- Jack-Fast Five (2011)
- Michael-The Dark Knight Rises (2012)
- Angus-Avengers Assemble (2012)
- Callum-Man Of Steel (2013)
- Callum-The A-Team (2010)
- Monday 16th Period 4: research your chosen blockbuster (complete for homework)
- Wednesday 18th Period 1: compose presentation in chosen format (complete for homework)
- Thursday 19th Period 3: present to the class
- Friday 20th Period 4: present to the class
Friday, 13 September 2013
I want you to pick a BLOCKBUSTER from the last 3 years and research HOW it made its money. I am NOT interested in whether it was a 'good' film, I just want to know HOW it followed the rules and WHY this meant it was a success.
Your research MUST be broken down into the following categories
- is the film an original idea, a remake, a sequal or an adaptation (or a combination)?
- who is the director?
- which studio(s) are making the film?
- what size budget did it have?
- which 'stars' signed up to be in the film?
- how long did it take from 'green light' to filming commencing
- where was it 'filmed'
- how was it filmed (3D, 2D, CGI)?
- any problems it faced
- does it rely on special effects?
- what sort of special effects are used?
- was 3D added AFTER filming?
- did it require any RE SHOOTS
- How was the film marketed (find AT LEAST 5 different promotional tools)
- Where was the films premier?
Struggling for facts?
Add the term "Variety" to your google search. Variety is the Hollywood trade magazine that reports nothing but film news. You will need to register for more but it is worth it. Don't believe me?
'Fast Five Stuff'
Thursday, 12 September 2013
Thursday, 5 September 2013
- Compose a post containing your notes on the representation of the three people from last lesson: Doug Bihlmaier,Ted Bundy & Anna Piaggi
- Construct a representation of yourself. Use UK Tribes to help categorize yourself. Illustrate with relevant images.
Wednesday, 4 September 2013
- Killer Mike-R.A.P. Music (Key Tracks-Reagan & JoJo's Chillin')
- Madlib-Medicine Show #3: Beat Konducta In Africa (Key Tracks-Spearthrow For Oh No & Street Hustler)
- Shabazz Palaces-Black Up (Key Tracks-free press and curl & The King's new clothes were made by his own hands)
- Kanye West-My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy (Key Tracks-Lost In The World & Monster)
- Clams Casino-Instrumentals (Key Tracks-Motivation & She's Hot)
- Silver Surfer-"Where soars the Silver Surfer.... There he must soar ... alone!"
- Iron Man-"I know everything. I can't help it."
- Daredevil-"I can see just fine."
- Spider-Man-"My spider sense are tingling"
- Hulk-"Talking man hurt Hulk...HULK RIP TALKING MAN'S HEAD OFF!"
- Frankie Boyle-Ill-natured, offensive, hilarious.
- Bill Hicks-Angry, controversial, idealistic.
- Jack Dee-Dour, grouchy, pedantic.
- Richard Pryor-Explicit, vulgar, profane.
- Vic Reeves & Bob Mortimer-Surreal, obscure,inventive.
5 American TV Dramas
- Justified-Raylan Givens is an ultra polite, quick tempered, fast drawing U.S. Marshall. Set in Harlan County Kentucky, this show is a refreshing change from the usual big city crime dramas.
- Fringe-Three alternate worlds, different versions of many characters, time travel, visitors from other planets and a pet cow in a laboratory at Harvard. Fringe is the best sci fi show I've ever seen on TV (and yes that does include Lost).
- The Wire-Five seasons of TV brilliance. Initially centered on the drug culture of inner-city Baltimore, the show goes on to focus on other areas of city life whilst still maintaining a link to earlier characters and themes. A tour de force. Highly recommended.
- Carnivale-Follows a circus of misfits, deviants and freaks during the great depression of the 1930s. As good a show about misfits, deviants and freaks as I've seen.
- Deadwood-One of, if not the most, foul mouthed shows on television. Depicts a Californian town at the height of the Gold Rush in California during the 1850s.
5 Favourite Albums
- Panda Bear-Person Pitch-Dubby,woozy and harmonic. Sounds like it was recorded underwater. Took me ages to get it, now it's indispensable (Key Tracks-Comfy In Nautica & Bros)
- Mos Def-The Ecstatic-A recent hip hop classic. Beats were conjured up by a veritable who's who: J Dilla, Mr. Flash, Madlib, Mos Def, Oh No, Preservation, and The Neptunes.The album features a master lyricist and rhymer at his peak and a wide array of "out of the crates" samples. (Key Tracks-Supermagic & Wahid)
- Beach House-Teen Dream-Songs about uncertainty, doubt and feeling beaten down by the world. It's also ethereal and angelic, the sort of music to inspire vivid dreams. (Key Tracks-Silver Soul & Take Care)
- Prince-Sign O The Times-16 tracks of brilliance. Covers everything from rock, pop, soul, funk slow jams and a protest song. A genius at work. (Key Tracks-Sign O The Times & If I Was Your Girlfriend)
- Japan-Gentlemen Take Polaroids-Cult British singer David Sylvian's first band. 8 tracks containing the sort of idiosyncratic vision you don't find too often:swooning,hyper-elegant and polished. (Key Tracks-Gentlemen Take Polaroids & Taking Islands In Africa)