Friday, 31 October 2014
Tuesday, 28 October 2014
A person’s identity rooted in setting, speech, costume and region in which they live
Areas to think about in relation to regional identity:
- Location/ setting
- Attitudes/ behaviour
Create a research piece on the stereotypes and counter-types of the following regional identities:
- Cornwall/South West
Include examples from TV dramas and post to your blog.
Wednesday, 15 October 2014
Discuss the ways in which the extract constructs the representation of gender using the following:
- Camera shots, angles, movement and composition
- Mise en scène
Jonny, Campbell, Brad and Cam complete this by tomorrow's lesson (Period 3 16th October)
The Grammar of Film will help.
Try to refer to the following:
- establishing shot
- close up
- mid shot
- two shot
- wide angle
- high angle
- low angle
- shot/ reverse shot
- long take
- short take
- diegetic sound-ambient sound/background noise
- non diegetic sound-soundtrack/music
Mise en scene
- make up
- setting/ location
- set/ props
Monday, 6 October 2014
How is gender represented in TV Drama?
Refer to both male and female characters in TV drama.
Include examples of that conform to the stereotypes and examples that counter the stereotype.
As an extension task try to show awareness of the four areas of textual analysis (camera shots, editing, mise en scene, sound)
Compile a brief report with your findings. Present the work in a format of your choosing and post to your blog.
Thursday, 2 October 2014
- Campbell: Busta Rhymes-#Twerkit
- Tom: Tyga-Rack City
- Dan: Jennifer Lopez: Booty
- Josh: Iggy Azalea: Work
- Brad: Robin Thicke-Blurred Lines
- Melissa: Pour It Up-Rihanna
- Ollie: Eric Prydz-Call On Me
- Rebecca: Demi Lovato-Neon Lights
- Kieran: Nikki Minaj-Starships
- Max: Tyga-Hookah
- Emma: Beyonce-Partition
- Bekki: Marina and the Diamonds-How To Be A Heartbreaker
- Jonny: Nikki Minaj-Anaconda
- George: Jennifer Lopez-Booty
- Sophie: Bruno Mars-Gorilla
- Rajan: Christina Aguilera-Dirrty
- Cam: Miley Cyrus-Wrecking Ball
- George C.: Nikki Minaj-Anaconda
- Katie: Rihanna-Pour It Up
Wednesday, 1 October 2014
Choose a music video, analyse and apply the gaze theories you have learned today in as much detail as possible.
Have a look at Millie's Leader's example for inspiration.
Ensure that you include the following:
- the video
- images from the video or TubeChopped clips (or both)-to illustrate your points
- direct references to the theory where applicable